We ate this salad a few years ago in Belmont Shore, Calif. We fell in love and made up our own recipe. Your gonna love this Orzo salad as a main dish or side. This is also a fun one to serve your friends for lunch.
The Food Nanny
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Pasta: 3/4 cup Orzo Pasta cooked
1 boneless/skinless Chicken breast chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
3 Tablespoons shallot or red onion chopped
3 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped
3 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
6 grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or toasted almonds optional
- 1 1/2 cups baby Arugula
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt and fresh ground black pepper. Set aside
- Cook the Orzo according to package directions. Drain. Keep warm. Set aside
- Wipe off the chicken with a wet paper towel. Chop. Salute the chopped chicken in the olive oil and butter until cooked through about 4 min. Keep warm. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl add: cooked orzo, onion,dill, parsley, tomatoes, cheese, and nuts if using. Mix in the warm chicken and arugula.. Toss with the dressing and serve immediately.
- Serve with warm Nann bread or french Baguette.