This is a good Go-To salad of mine. Very easy. Keep the ingredients around and you can make it up in no time!
Apple, Dried Cherry, and Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing
The Food Nanny
1 /4 cup mayonnaise
1 /4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons white wine or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 /2 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1 5 oz. bag mixed baby greensor Romaine about 10 leaves
- 2 small apples skin on, diced or cut into matchstick sizestrips
1/2 cup tart dried cherries or dried cranberries
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, maple syrup, vinegar, sugar and oil. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Toast the walnuts in the oven at 350° for 10 min.
- In a medium size salad bowl add the lettuce,apples, dried cranberries or cherries, and walnuts. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve with: Honey White Bread page 245. I love this salad with a turkey or ham dinner.