VICTORIAN CHOCOLATE TART
If you’re looking for something amazing to take to your next holiday party……this is it!!!!
This is the most incredible chocolate tart you will ever eat! It compares with the very best that I have tasted in France. If you are a chocolate lover, this is the recipe for you. No need to spend extra on expensive chocolate chips. The sea salt compliments this recipe just perfectly. You can serve this with a dab of whip cream or Creme Fraiche on the side. This will impress just about anyone you serve this to!! XO
VICTORIAN CHOCOLATE TART
- Tart Crust:
- Makes enough for 2 tarts crusts Freeze half the dough or bake both and freeze one for later
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 to 3/4 cups ice water
- Victorian Chocolate:
- Makes enough to fill 1 chocolate tart
- 1 cup 8oz. good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Sea salt to taste optional
- Tart Crust
- Place rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl mix the flour, sugar and salt together. Slice the cold butter into small piece and put in with the flour mixture. With a pastry blender work the butter and flour mixture together. (Or you can use your fingers) When you have the consistency of coarse crumbs slowly add in the ice water. Divide the dough in half. (If not using all the dough you can wrap one half in plastic wrap and then again in foil to freeze.)
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a 12 inch round, using a little more flour if needed. Place the dough into the tart pan, fitting it into place, folding down any extra dough into the sides of the pan.
- Place a regular pie pan on top of the crust (it will help the crust to stay in place) and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove the pie pan just over half way through the baking time.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Remove the bottom of the tart pan. Set the tart aside to cool until ready to fill with the chocolate. Wrap and freeze at this point if not filling. Bake the next tart if doing so.
- Victorian Chocolate
- In a medium size sauce pan melt the chocolate with the sugar of low to medium heat. Stir until smooth. Add the cream and continue to stir over medium heat until it begins to thicken, 5 to 8 minutes. (Should be the consistency of heavy cream.) This chocolate will thicken up as it cools.
- Take off the heat and let cool down. Stir a couple of times while cooling.
- When your tart is cool and the chocolate has cooled but not set, fill the tart with the chocolate. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferable overnight. Sprinkle LIGHTLY with seal salt before serving.
- Variation: Can serve with a dab of whipped cream or Creme Fraiche on the side.