I love Sandwiches! In honor of Nation Sandwich Day (yesterday) I’m featuring a classic Tuna Melt!!
Sandwiches are tasty and nutritious. They will bring more variety into your meal plan. Isn’t that what a meal plan is? It’s the variety that makes dinnertime fun for the entire family. It keeps us coming back night after night excited to spend time together. If we make a meal plan we can afford to eat the meals we crave. When at the grocery store armed with a grocery list, we don’t buy unneeded food. We buy the food that is on our list so that nothing goes to waste. We don’t buy impulse foods that will never be eaten. That is the beauty of my meal plan. It’s also fun to try new foods. You can do this on a consistent basis when you work a new recipe into your plan. This forces us to get out of our comfort zone and to try and eat healthier. Take good care of yourself first, Mom, so that you can be there for those who need you. It is our responsibility as the “nurturer” in the home to present good wholesome food to our families on a daily basis. Tonight is FMB (Fish, Meatless, Breakfast). Sandwiches fit into this night GREAT!!! In my new book THE FOOD NANNY RESCUES DINNER AGAIN.. I even added a sandwich section! XOXOXOXO
- 1 to 2 cans chunk white tuna drained
- 8 slices bread of your choice
- Softened Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Dried Dill
- Baby Arugula
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna with enough mayonnaise to moisten the tuna to the spreading consistency you desire. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then I like to add about 1/2 teaspoon dried dill.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Lay out the slices, buttered side down, on a sheet of waxed paper or aluminum foil or on a cookie sheet. Spread one- quarter of the tuna mixture on each of four bread slices. Add one a small handful of Arugula. Top with another slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Fry sandwiches until golden brown. Turn and fry until the other side is golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Serve with your favorite potato chip!