This tomato garnish is so unique and delicious! We got the recipe to go with our White Chili, and it make an otherwise ordinary soup absolutely delicious.
With all the fresh ingredients, it tastes so light and refreshing. This is so nice, especially in the winter months when most meals are heavy and dense.
While we love this garnish with our white chili, we use it for so many other things too! It is the perfect addition to chicken breast, steak, you name it! We have even used it in our sandwiches to switch things up and its amazing.
So next time you are wanting to try a new soup, make our white chili and add this tomato garnish. You will not be disappointed!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp dried onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp celery seed
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook, sturring, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl or quart jar, combine lemon juice, seasonings, tomatoes, cilantro, and cooled vinegar mixture. Whisk or shake in the oil.
- Cover and keep in refrigerator up to one week.