TDF Weekly: Our trip to Moab
Hi Fannies!!! We were feeling a little cooped up and needed an adventure! So we decided to leave the men at home to take care of Fannie while we packed up the kids and headed to Moab, Utah.
It is such a fast, easy getaway! Food Nanny Sr. has been before, but this was my first time. It is truly a magical destination. Everywhere you look, the scenerie is spectacular. Since we enjoyed ourselves so much, we decided to share some of our recommendations with you.
Where to Stay:
Make sure to stay at the Marriott Springhill Suites or Fairfield Inn. They are connected and come together in the center with a giant pool. Whatever hotel you stay in, you have access to multiple pools, waterfalls, hot tubs, and a splash pad. My kids were in absolute heaven!
One of the best things about these hotels is their location. They are the first hotels you hit when pulling into town. Plus, its only a two minute drive to cute Main Street. We can’t get over how dreamy this little town is!
Where to Eat:
When it comes to eating out, we can be a little picky. What can we say, we make delicious food at home! But we love trying all the best places whenever we are on vacation. And we were not disappointed with the selection in Moab! In no particular order, here are the places we ate at and enjoyed!
- Pasta Jays: We loved this Italian Restaurant! So many Fannies wrote us saying this is one of their all time favorite Italian restaurants, and we don’t blame you! It was amazing!
- Zaks: This is another delicious option. We shared yummy pizza and a cobb salad.
- Arches Thai: This restaurant is right off Main St. and was really really good. We tried tempora, fried rice, goyga, egg rolls, and sticky mango rice. If you have never tried sticky mango rice, you are missing out! You have to!!! The one at Arches Thai was particularly good.
- Doughbird: We loved this place!!! It is such a fun stop for donuts. Our favorites were the brown sugar cinnamon, chocolate cake donut, and the white croissant. If you go at lunch time, you can get their chicken sandwich.
- Cookies: One night, we were craving a treat and tried the little bakery right when you come into town. The cookies were actually pretty good!
- Moab Diner: They have really yummy breakfast and delicious ice cream! It is Bluebunny ice cream, and we couldn’t get enough! We wanted it just about every night.
- Fiesta Mexicana: This wasn’t knock your socks off delicious, but it was good Mexican food when you are in the mood for it!
What to Do:
There are so many amazing things to do and see around Moab. Here are some of the highlights:
- Walking up and down Main St.: It is just so dreamy! If you are looking for some nice turquoise, this is your place! We also found a couple clothing stores we loved. Artessian had the best T-shirts! And we also loved Indigo Alley.
- Millcreek: We were told by several locals to head to Millcreek and go up to Left Hand. It was only about a 10 minute drive. There were waterfalls and a fun area for the kids to play in not far from the parking lot. The hike to Left Hand is only abut 20 minutes, so not bad!
- Arches National Park: Wow this was spectacular! It was so fun to explore. You pay to get in the park, but you drive in and the views are breathtaking. You can see the arches right from your car, or you can get out and walk around. My kids loved walking around and exploring.
- When we go on vacation, we don’t love driving all over the place to do different things. When you spend hours in your car getting there, we want things to be close! On this trip, nothing was more than a 20 minute drive away, leaving us with lots of time to relax and play.
- We didn’t do any of these things this trip, but other things to do in the area are riverboat rides, biking, and tubing down the river. People come from all over the world to bask in all Moab has to offer!
What we Wore:
Since posting about our last stop to the Arches, we got several questions about our outfits! So we decided to share the details with you.
- Free People Tevas: Free People is sold out of the exact shoes we both wore while hiking around, but I am loving this star pattern! Plus they are on sale! Such great, easy sandals.
- Athleta Bermuda Shorts: Theses shorts are the absolute best, you need them! I love the length and fit. My favorite shorts for summer!
- Madewell Sunkissed beach club graphic tomboy tee: This is the absolute best t-shirt! So fun, and the perfect fit.
And that’s a wrap! If you haven’t been to Moab before, GO! Its so incredible. It is hot, but not terrible. Especially when you have a nice pool to relax in! We had such a beautiful, nice getaway. While we loved our stay, we are excited to be home and back in the kitchen! Don’t forget, keep cooking, your family is worth it!
The Food Nannies