TDF Weekly: Freezer Meal Round-Up
Guess what’s happening this week…. Its book launch time! We are so excited for each of you to have “For the Love of Kamut.” It just might be the most beautiful book we have ever seen!
We had planned on doing a big launch party in September but ran into so many obstacles. With the difficult landscape of the world right now, we had to improvise a little! So…..
Join me Thursday from 10-3 at our warehouse for a little book signing! If you can’t make that, head to Beljar Home in Heber on Friday from 1-3. I can’t wait to see you!
And for all of you Fannies that don’t live near me, you are not forgotten! My book will be live on our site on Thursday. The first 250 books sold will be signed by me. And we also have a fun little giveaway coming up too!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support! We couldn’t do any of this without you and we love you! I couldn’t have imagined all the amazing things that would come from starting my moms brand back up just a couple years ago. Each of you are such a blessing to us! And now, let’s talk about freezer meals!
One of our most asked questions is what recipes we recommend for freezing. The truth is, you can freeze just about anything! But we have put together a list of some of our very favorite meals to make ahead of time and freeze. These are the perfect things to make before having a baby, before surgery, or before any big event!
- Fired-Up Mac and Cheese: You can freeze any mac and cheese really! And it will be just as delicious as ever.
- Chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes: Did you know you can freeze mashed potatoes? Pretty amazing!
- Pepper Jack Enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce: Enchiladas are an amazing option for freezing!
- Melt in your mouth burritos: Make a big batch of these ahead of time and pull them out for a quick dinner or even for lunch!
- American Lasagna: Always a good choice! Any lasagna will freeze beautifully.
- Red and White Mostaccioli: This is one of our most popular recipes for a good reason. It is so easy and delicious! We love bringing this to people after they have a baby and they can choose to eat it right away or freeze it for later.
- Chicken Rice Casserole with Almonds: Casseroles are perfect to freeze! And this one happens to be one of our favorites.
- Chicken Pot Pie: Always so delicious and a crowd pleaser!
- Minestrone Lovers Soup: Soups freezes wonderfully!
- Sloppy Joes: For these, we would recommend freezing the rolls and freezing the meat mixture separately. Then combine and heat up! Yummmm.
What else can you freeze?
Like we said earlier, just about every meal can be frozen! But don’t limit yourself to just complete meals.
- Desserts: We aren’t exaggerating when we say we freeze all our desserts after making them. We make a batch of cookies, allow them to cool, and then place them in the freezer. This keeps them nice and fresh for weeks!
- Bread: Freezing bread is the perfect way to always have fresh bread on hand.
- Meat: Make a large batch of meat, and then freeze it after it cools. This makes for quick and easy weeknight meals when the meat is already done.
And that’s a wrap! Give these recipes a try next time you are looking to stock your freezer! We love you Fannies!
The Food Nannies