This is my first real sandwich creation. We have been making these for years. My girls and daughters-in-law and I especially eat them a lot!!!!!! We make them when we get together for lunch or have friends for lunch. The Cranberry Jam is a must. You can buy it at the store or make the one in my book. They are delicious!
GRILLED VEGGIE SANDWICHES
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices- 1/4 inch thick Food Nanny Italian Bread (Whole Wheat or store bought Artisan Bread)
- Cranberry sauce for spreading (I love a cranberry spread with a little kick)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 thin slices cucumbers (skin on)
- 4 thin slices tomatoes (skin on)
- 1/2 avocado sliced (divided)
- Coarse Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard together. Spread on both sides of the bread. Spread on some cranberry sauce. Place one slice of cheese on one side of the bread.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, salt, pepper and spinach leaves. Place the other half of the bread on top and smash it down a little bit so the sandwich will stay together. (it is best to use soft bread for this sandwich so it will hold together nicely). Serve, if not grilling.
- If grilling, heat a pancake griddle or pan to 350*. Butter one side of the bread and place it down on the grill. Butter the other side of the bread and grill both sides to a golden brown. (I use my iron press to smash down the sandwich a little.)