Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner tonight? Look nor further than our delicious taco salad!
It is so easy to throw together, and its a salad the whole family will love. It is nice and refreshing while still being filling.
This is our favorite taco salad because of its a mix of warm and cold ingredients. You may vary the ingredients in so many ways to fit your family! Don’t like olives? Don’t add them! Have an avocado on hand? Add it right on top!
If you want to mix things up, try adding black beans instead of the kidney beans. Or use pepper jack cheese in place of cheddar.
And if you or someone in your family is looking for a meatless meal, just take out the ground beef. If you are going to do this, make sure and add more beans.
We love to top the salad with our homemade buttermilk ranch dressing. Any dressing will do, but we think this makes the salad even more amazing.
So have fun and experiment! Or make the salad exactly as the recipe says. Either way, enjoy this scrumptious and easy meal. Keep cooking, your family is worth it!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans drained
- 1 15-ounce can corn drained
- 1 2.25-ounce can sliced black olives drained
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces.
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes diced
- 1 1.2-ounce packet taco seasoning
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Corn chips coarsely crushed
- Fresh salsa
- Brown the meat in a large saucepan over medium heat. Drain off the fat. Add the beans, corn, olives, and taco seasoning. Stir and cook until heated through. Keep warm.
- Combine the lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes in a large salad bowl. Add the meat mixture and toss lightly to comine. Serve immediately.
- Pass the salad dressing, corn chips, and salsa.