One of my favorite things to eat on Grill Night is a slider. Especially when you serve them hot just out of the broiler or off the grill. These are yummy!! We are loving lately the Hawaiian Rolls used as buns, or just check out my homemade bun recipe!! Enjoy
- 1 pound hamburger 80/15 mix, to make 12 slider-size 2-inch round hamburger patties
- Course salt
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 heaping Tablespoon chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons sweet BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle juice
- 12 Slider Buns 2 1/2 inches round. (Hamburger bun recipe Half/Wheat, Half/White page 253)
- 1/2 cup Colby or Jack Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup arugula optional
- From the sliders into 2 inch patties. Season both sides generously with coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the bacon on a small baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the bacon to paper towels to soak up the extra grease.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl put the mayonnaise, chili sauce, sweet BBQ sauce, Worcestershire and sweet pickle juice. Mix. Set aside.
- When the bacon is cool, stack them and cut into 4 equal pieces. You will have 12 small pieces of bacon. Set aside.
- Turn the oven to broil. Place patties on a broiler pan or in a black iron skillet. Broil the sliders on the middle oven rack for 5 minutes, turn and place a piece of bacon on top, a teaspoon of grated cheese on top of the bacon. Broil until cooked through about another 4 minutes. Remove.
- Cut the slider buns almost all the way through. Lay out on a baking sheet. Quickly run the buns under the broiler and toast until light brown.
- Put a dab of sauce on the bottom bun and then a hamburger patty. Top with a piece of arugula and serve immediately.
- Serve with: Potato chips; Warm Orzo Salad with Chicken page 259, Spinach Salad page 265.