This has become one of my most popular dishes I have!! The reason it has become so popular is because 1. It is the easiest meal you will ever make 2. Everyone loves it.. kids EVERYONE! This is the perfect meal to take to friends that have just had babies or for when your needing to take a meal to a friend/family member. You know it will be an instant hit ! My youngest daughter Lizi has been making this dish since she was 12 years old. You couldn’t believe her excitement every time after she made this for her family or her friends. This is a great dish to start your young kids cooking in the kitchen. If your a working mom have your 2 week meal plan up on the fridge ready to go, so your kids can help start dinner if your getting home later! The other great thing about this dish is it can be made ahead of time, freeze and take out on one of those busy nights! Enjoy!! XOXO
- Alfredo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
- RED-AND-WHITE MOSTACCIOLI:
- 1 pound uncooked mostaccioli
- 1 26-ounce jar meatless spaghetti sauce or 3 cups homemade sauce, divided
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Alfredo Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over low heat. Mix in the cream cheese. Stir in the cream and garlic powder. Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat and simmer, stirring often, while you cook the pasta. If the sauce needs additional thickening (for example if you're serving it as a dipping sauce without pasta), you may sprinkle in flour, 1 teaspoon at a time. Cook and stir for desired consistency.
- Stir the Parmesan cheese into the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in a 9x13- inch baking dish. Layer half the pasta, half the Alfredo sauce, half the spaghetti sauce, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Repeat the layering with the remaining pasta, Alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, and cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake about 30 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly.