Every fall I get hungry for pumpkin desserts. I have now already made these cookies 4 times in the last 2 weeks! Everyone that tries is in HEAVEN! This recipe makes a lot of cookies so its great to take to any event or just drop some off to someone special. I have always loved to drop off whatever I have been baking that day, it not only makes my day but it makes theirs! I am a maple "nut" so of course these would be my favorite pumpkin cookie. Believe me when I say you are going to want to almost drink the frosting... that GOOD!! XOXOContinue reading
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH MAPLE CREAM FROSTING
Makes 24-30 large cookies Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups solid pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 ¾ cups Kamut White Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon French gray salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 to 3 cups chocolate chips
- Maple Cream Frosting:
- ½ cup butter (1 stick, softened)
- 3 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix the butter, sugars, eggs, pumpkin and lemon extract. Mix on low speed for 3 minutes.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add this to the wet ingredients a little bit at a time until all mixed together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil. Drop the cookies onto the baking sheet with a tablespoon. Bake at 350 degrees 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack. Frost with maple cream frosting.
- Maple Cream Frosting
- Cream the butter in a medium size bowl with an electric mixer. Add sugar gradually. Mix well.
- Add cream and flavoring. Cream well. Spread on top of cooled cookies.