Minestrone Lovers Soup
We simply LOVE Minestrone Soup, especially when it is chilly outside. It is so satisfying and so incredibly healthy for you! This recipe will surely be on repeat over here. Thank you, Sharee, our dear friend for over 30 years. xo Liz + Lizi
Minestrone Lover's Soup
I love Minestrone Soup especially when it is chilly outside. It is so satisfying and so healthy for you! Thank you, Sharee, our dear friend for over 30 years.
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- ½ cup carrots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- ¾ cup cabbage shredded
- ⅓ cup zucchini chopped (zucchini optional)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can cannelloni beans
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup elbow macaroni
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Sauté until the onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, cabbage, zucchini, chicken broth, tomato paste, cannellini beans, parsley and salt. Stir. Let this come to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat slightly to allow soup to simmer for 40 min. or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add pasta and simmer for 11 min. longer until the pasta is al dente but not too soft.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Serve with: Everyday Artisan Bread page 236 or Artisan Beer Bread on page 247. Variations: Pressure cook your soup in 10 min. Then stir in the already cooked pasta. Or, crock pot: cook on low for 8 hours adding in the macaroni in the beginning.