MELT IN YOUR MOUTH BURRITOS
These might not look like anything too special but they are believe me…
Trust us in that you have never made this yummy of a bean in cheese burrito at home!! They are so soft and delicious they are literally going to melt in your mouth! There are so many different ways you can make these burritos, I love every way and think even the breakfast burrito is delicious! Don’t they say great things come in small packages.. this is soo true on these bad boys!! XOXO
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH BURRIOTS
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 flour tortillas 8 inch round
- 4 pieces aluminium foil 8 x 12 inches
- Sour Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Spoon the refried beans into a medium size saucepan on top of the stove. Pour the water into the pan with the beans. Bring the beans to a low boil over medium high heat stirring until the water is mixed and the beans are easy to spread. Remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
- Shred 1 cup cheese. Set aside. in a pie dish beat eggs, milk and salt with a fork. Set aside.
- Pour oil in a medium size frying pan and turn the heat up to medium high. Quickly warm one tortilla at a time in the microwave for 10 seconds. With your fingers, dip the warm tortilla in the egg mixture, turn and do the other side. Place the tortilla into the hot oil and fry each side until the egg mixture is cooked or until barley brown. Place on paper towels for a few seconds to soak up excess oil.
- Move the cooked tortilla to a small plate and measure out 1/4 cup warm beans and spread down the middle of the tortilla. Measure out 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese and sprinkle down the middle on top of the beans. Fold in and tuck the ends, then roll to form a burrito.
- Wrap each burrito in its own piece of foil. Place onto a baking sheet. do this 3 more times until the burritos are wrapped and placed on the baking sheet. Place in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees on the middle rack and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve each person their own foil wrapped burrito on a plate. Help little ones to unwrap the hot foil. Pass salsa and sour cream (optional).
- Breakfast Burrito: Follow the same directions as for Bean and Cheese burrito except fill fried flour tortillas with 1/4 cup scrambled eggs, warm. Sprinkle on 3 Tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, a slice of warm bacon and 3 Tablespoons warm hash brown potatoes. Roll up the same as above and wrap in foil as directed. Bake 10 minutes in the oven. These are so delicious.
- Serve With: Chips and Salsa. Use one of my fresh Fruit Salsas. Sliced Avocados.