Italian Picnic At Home
Have some fun with this meal! We love using our table top grill to make it extra special. If you don’t have one yet, you need it! Click here to grab one for yourself.
This is how I was taught to entertain in Italy. We find a scenic place to sit and eat our food. This makes it the perfect thing to make for a quick and fun dinner or for a lunch with friends. And with two different choices for the picnic, it is easy to mix things up.
Try either of these at home and see how much fun your family will have! We love taking this meal into our family room. We gather around our coffee table and have the best conversations! In the winter, we love doing this around the fireplace. And in the summer, just take your grill outside. It is so much fun!
We have two different versions here, and both are incredible. We love using our table top grill, but will switch up the meats and cheeses from Picnic 1 from time to time.
The fresh garlic and the honey may seem a little strange. But just try it! The garlic adds so much flavor, but isn’t overpowering. And then the honey! Oh the honey makes the whole meal! Just give it a try and let us know what you think.
And when you make this for your family, everyone will love it. You can’t go wrong with warm French Baguettes, delicious meat, and your favorite cheese. Throw in some dark kalamata olives for a true Italian Picnic! Enjoy!
Italian Picnic At Home
- Taleggio, Provolone, Parmesan Reggiano, or Romano Cheese
- Hard Salami
- Proscuitto the sweet kind
- Kalamata Olives
- French Baguettes
- Table Top Grill
- French Baguettes slices 1/4 inch thick
- Fresh garlic clove peeled
- Olive Oil
- French Salt
- Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- Italian salami
- Kalamata olives
- Choose one of these kinds of cheeses. The ones I have listed here are easy to find. You don't need to go to a fancy grocery store to find the other items. They are available all over also. Put the cheese and meat on the bread or eat them seperately along with the olives. It is a one-of-a-kind taste.
- Place grill on the table and all other ingredients arranged on a platter. Toast bread on the table top grill. Rub garlic clove over the toasted bread. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Place a piece of cheese on the bread and drizzle with honey. This is delicious and great fun.