Grilled Foot Long Turkey And Bacon Sandwich With Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
This sandwich makes a beautiful presentation. It is as delicious as it looks. On a sunny day buy some yummy ciabatta bread and grill it. If it’s cold out make our yummy Italian bread it makes it extra special! This is sure to be a summer family favorite!! If In The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again Page 275!
Grilled Footlong Turkey and Bacon Sandwich with Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Fresh foot-long loaf Ciabatta bread or Italian bread. (These 2 kinds of bread are wide and so this makes a great sandwich to share.)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 lb Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 3/4 lb Oven roasted deli turkey, sliced thin
- Red onion, sliced thin (optional)
- 3/4 lb Bacon, cooked
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 Avocados, sliced thin
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh spinach or fresh arugula(as desired)
- Cut the long loaf of bread down one side. Open it up like a sandwich. You have 2 halves. On the bottom half drizzle generously with olive oil, then drizzle with the vinegar. Spread on the Dijon mustard to taste. Lay the cheese evenly over the mustard.
- Place the turkey on top of the cheese, add onion (if using). Arrange the bacon slices on top of the turkey. Place the tomatoes next, then the avocados. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with spinach or arugula sprigs.
- Drizzle the top piece of bread with the olive oil and vinegar, then spread on a little more mustard and mayonnaise (if desired).
- Put the lid on to the sandwich and push down. (Be careful not to over-fill the sandwich, as it will be too hard to keep together when turning). Turn the sandwich over and butter the bottom side.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium heat. Place the sandwich, bottom side down, on the grill and butter the top. (It is easiest to turn the sandwich over very quickly with a pancake spatula and your fingers.)
- Grill each side for about 10 min., or until you see the cheese start to melt. If you have an iron press, to flatten a sandwich, put that on top of the sandwich to help flatten it. (Be careful not to burn the bread.)
- Use a spatula to slide the sandwich onto a platter. Place the sandwich on a breadboard, slice and serve.
The post Grilled Foot Long Turkey And Bacon Sandwich With Fresh Mozzarella Cheese appeared first on The Food Nanny.