My daughter in law Lisa is always bringing us something new to try. She brought this salsa to a summer BBQ a few years ago. We all went crazy over the cinnamon in the salsa and strips. You will too!! It is refreshing and fun to eat. Cinnamon has always been a favorite spice of the Mexican culture.
FRUIT SALSA WITH CINNAMON STRIPS
Serves 8 Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups fresh fruit of choice
- finely diced. Pineapple
- blackberries (raspberries,)
- strawberries (mango,)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 8- inch flour tortillas
- Homemade or store bought
- Unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- In a medium size bowl place the mixed diced fruit.
- In a small bowl mix the honey, fresh lemon
- juice and cinnamon together. Pour over the fruit.
- Tortilla Cinnamon Strips:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°
- Butter both sides of the flour tortillas. Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Sprinkle over
- both sides of the flour tortillas.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400° for 10 min. or a little longer to crisp. Flip over and
- bake another couple of minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Cut into 2 inch strips then cut in half. Serve warm with Fruit Salsa.
- Variations: Use your favorite fresh fruit in season.
- Experiment. Use Cinnamon Drops in place of
- cinnamon/brown sugar mixture. Use white sugar
- in place of brown sugar.