Fruit, Nut, and Cheese Toss Salad
This fruit, nut, and cheese toss salad with creamy raspberry vinaigrette is one of our GO-TO's!!! We always keep these simple ingredients around so that we can whip this salad up with just about any meal! It is so easy to make! The creamy raspberry vinaigrette is surprisingly light and tasty, but not too strong. And nothing tastes better than a fresh, homemade dressing.......you can't buy them to taste this good!
Everyone needs a quick and simple salad they can make for a side to any meal. We don't think this fruit, nut, and cheese toss salad with creamy raspberry dressing will disappoint! This salad can be a whole meal by itself too! Serve it with some hot yummy Honey White Bread from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again pg. 245.. YUM!!!!!
You can find this fabulous fruit, nut, and cheese toss salad with creamy raspberry vinaigrette recipe along with all my other amazing salads in my books!!! http://www.amazon.com/Food-Nanny-Rescues-Dinner-Again/dp/1467575100/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1458679128&sr=1-2&keywords=food+nanny
Apple, Dried Cherry, and Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 Fuji apple (diced)
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Put the greens, apple, cheese, nuts, and dried cranberries into a large bowl.
- Just before serving, add just enough dressing to moisten the ingredients, and toss to coat and combine.
- Whisk the mayonnaise with the vinegar in a small bowl. Add the salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and continue to whisk. Adjust the seasonings to taste, adding the sugar if desired.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator up to 1 week in a tightly sealed container. Shake before using.