FN BBQ IN A CUP
When I spoke in Kentucky it was a wonderful treat from Dena and the gang to take me to Churchill Downs Racetrack to see a horse race. It had been on my bucket list for years!! It did not matter to me that it was not the Derby, it was just as exciting. To be up close and personal with those stunning horses was such a dream. We sat very close to the track in our own little box. It was the perfect day. Sweater weather. There were 3 or 4 races that day at different times.
During one of the intermissions we went outside where the food trucks park. We chose the CUP OF Q truck. All the women I was with said it was their favorite! The line was the longest there, so I knew it would be wonderful. And it was!!! Delicious. I knew then and there I would be copying that idea. The cup was warm when I held it. The meat and beans were the perfect temperature. Scooping up some of the entire mixture with my fork, going deep into the cup to make sure to get some cornbread was instant heaven for me.
We took the cup back to our seats and finished eating it while watching another race with some potato chips and a diet coke. The only thing I was wishing at that moment in time is that I had ordered the large!!!!!!
We hope you will have fun creating this FN CUP OF BBQ for your next Family gathering or the Super Bowl.
FN BBQ in cup
- 2 15 oz cans Bush’s Southern Style White Beans or Food Nanny Pinto Beans Book 2. Page 109
- 2 lbs Smoked Pulled Pork (Kirkland Brand) already cooked. Make sure to remove any extra fat. Add ½ cup BBQ sauce to the pork. Or Food Nanny 3 Day Brisket. Book 2 page 178 or Louisiana Style Braised Pork Loin. Book 1. Page 169
- 1 recipe Northern Style Corn Bread. Food Nanny. Book 1. Page 241 or Food Nanny Southern Style Corn Bread. Book 1. Page 241
- 2 cups coleslaw. (double the recipe) Food Nanny Book 2. Page 163
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce store bought (we like Sweet Baby Ray’s) or homemade FN BBQ Sauce Book 1, page 157 or Book 2. Page, 178, both of these are so good!! ½ cup honey
- If making beans from scratch start the day before. You can also Cook the beans ahead of time and freeze them.
- Prepare the meat as desired. May prepare ahead of time as as well and freeze, if desired
- Prepare the corn bread. Let cool. Cover and set aside on the counter until ready to use.
- Make the coleslaw. Cover and refrigerate.
To assemble the FN BBQ IN A CUP:
- Make sure the beans, meat and bbq sauce are all very warm. (cornbread may be warm as well) Cut a nice slice of cornbread (the best cornbread you will ever eat, and if you’re not a fan of cornbread you will be now). Place the cornbread in the bottom of the cup. Drizzle with honey. Spoon on the beans. Now add the meat. Spoon on extra BBQ sauce. Top with the Coleslaw. Serve immediately