I love to try fish tacos wherever in the world we are traveling, and it’s easy to do because they are popular everywhere! No wonder-they are easy to prepare and healthful since they’re low in fat and calories. Most of the calories are in the dressing, so use it in moderation. OH YOU WILL DIE WHEN YOU TASTE THE DRESSING!!!! OH THE DRESSING!!!! You are going to love these!
- 8 white corn tortillas
- 1 pound tilapia
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Diced tomatoes
- Sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and heat in the oven 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing and set aside.
- Prepare the condiments and put them in individual serving bowls and place them on the dinner table.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry the fish. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish. A thin fillet may need only 2 to 3 minutes on each side; a thicker fillet may need 4 to 5 minutes on each side. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork. The outside should be crunchy, the inside soft. Remove the fish to a plate and season with the salt and pepper.
- To serve, pass the tortillas, fish, condiments, and DRESSING.
Mix all the ingredients in a blender. Use immediately or store in a tightly covered container and refrigerate up to 1 week. Shake well before using.