We love making these cookies at Christmas time! They are always a crowd pleaser. And it doesn’t hurt that they are quick and easy!
These cookies are best eaten the same day. If you are wanting to save them for later, wait for them to cool. Then place them in a plastic bag and freeze. They are even delicious straight out of the freezer!
If you are not a big fan of chocolate, you can make these without the kisses. Use a tablespoon of dough and roll in a ball. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Then roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar. With or without the chocolate, these cookies are sure to impress!
If you like Mexican Wedding cookies or Russian Tea cakes, these are very similar. The dark chocolate in the center is what sets these apart.
Make these to bring to your neighbors, or to share at a party. But whatever you do, enjoy!
- 1 cup Salted butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Pecans finely chopped
- 1 package Dark chocolate kisses unwrapped
- Powdered sugar
- Move oven rack to the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- With an electric mixer in a medium size bowl, cream together butter, sugar, almond and vanilla extracts for 2 minutes. Add flour and nuts. Blend well. Cover and chill if desired at this point.
- Measure a tablespoon of dough and shape around a kiss to cover it completely. Roll into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes until set but not browned. Roll or sprinkle in powdered sugar. Cool.