- 1 1/2 cups White Kamut Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon French gray coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Butter and honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, oil, and butter. Mix well. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Do not overmix.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes. The corn bread is done when the edges are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out with a little crumb.
Serve with butter, honey butter or maple butter.