Coconut Tea Bread
This coconut tea bread is absolutely amazing! It is the perfect thing to take to new neighbors or to a friend. It makes a regular breakfast feel special. We can’t get enough of it!
After I tasted this luscious tea bread for the first time, I knew I had to make my own version. I drove right home and prepared it for my family!
We have been making it ever sense! It has such a light and delicious flavor. It pairs well will just about anything and you will never get sick of it.
It is lovely as a snack with a cup of herbal tea or a glass of milk. It can even be served as a simple dessert in place of a cookie. Or sometimes, we like to enjoy a slice at breakfast with our hot chocolate. It is a versatile and it is tasty!
Coconut Tea Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, and oil in a large bowl until well blended. Whisk in the buttermilk and coconut extract.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt onto a square of wax paper (or stir in a bowl). Add to the egg and sugar mixture and stir just until blended; do not overmix. Stir in the coconut.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: Stir in sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the glaze over the bread while still warm in the pan. The bread will absorb the glaze and may sink as it cools. Slice the bread in the pan and serve.