It isn’t the holiday season or large family gathering without this version of Clam Dip!! Our Grandma Nellie, who was a fantastic cook, would make this for us…and it was THE BIGGEST treat. Grandma had 4 super energetic girls. When they were little (and as she was stirring the dip together)…she would ask one of her girls to go “pick a lemon” from the lemon tree in the back yard. Maybe that was her secret magic to this dip…because she never had a recipe written down. So through the years, we watched her and wrote this down so we would never forget. Now we have a recipe to follow! Make it with LOVE.
*The recipe is found on page 214 in The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again Cookbook. Have you figured it out yet…that it might be easiest to just buy the cookbook? ;=) Every recipe is THAT good ;=)
- 1 pkg 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 6 oz. can minced clams save the juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons clam juice
- In a small size bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer or whisk, just until mixed. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic slat, clams and juice. Cover and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serve with: Potato Chips, we like any wavy potato chip
- Variation: For a sour cream clam dip, use 1 cup sour cream in place of the cream cheese.