- 2 6 ½ oz. cans clams, minced
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp French gray salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 quart Half & Half
- Drain the clams and save the juice. Place the clams, celery, onion and potatoes in a medium size saucepan on top of the stove. Add the clam juice and enough water to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil; turn down the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender. Set aside.
- In another sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the flour, salt, pepper and sugar and stir until bubbly. Whisk in the Half & Half. Stir with a wooden spoon. Cook until thickened.
- Add in the clams and vegetables. Heat through and serve.
Serve with: Oyster Crackers. German Brown Bread page 233. Green salad.