CPK Green Pasta Copycat
We love to go out to eat and enjoy yummy dishes like this one. We have been ordering this pasta at CPK for over 10 years! Even kids devour it! Who doesn't love chicken and peppers smothered in a dreamy white sauce? This is just a copycat... but I think you going to enjoy it to! The original recipe has tequila in it. Your welcome to add a couple of tablespoons but we have taken it out. We have found that after you dish up your serving if you squeeze lots of lime and coarse salt on it.... it's super yummy!! If your up for something different make sure to add this dish to the list! I think you will love it! XOXOXOXOXOX
- 1 lb dry spinach fettuccine
- 1 ⁄2cup chopped fresh cilantro (2 tablespoons reserved for garnish or finish)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers (seeds and veins may be eliminated if milder flavor is desired)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (reserve tablespoon per saute)
- 1 ⁄2cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1 ⁄4lbs chicken breasts (diced 3/4 inch)
- 1 ⁄4medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 ⁄2medium red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 ⁄2medium yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 ⁄2medium green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 1 ⁄2cups heavy cream
- EXTRA LIME FOR TOPPING
- Prepare rapidly boiling, salted water to cook pasta; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Pasta may be cooked slightly ahead of time, rinsed and oiled and then “flashed” (reheated) in boiling water or cooked to coincide with the finishing of the sauce.
- Cook 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add stock, and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste like consistency; set aside.
- Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat. When the vegetables have wilted (become limp), add chicken and soy sauce; toss and add cream.
- Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (about 3 minutes).
- When sauce is done, toss with well-drained spinach fettuccine and reserved cilantro.
- RIGHT BEFORE SERVING. squeeze lots of lime and sprinkle with extra coarse salt!
- Serve family style or transfer to serving dishes.