Christmas Cranberry Avocado Salsa
Cranberry Avocado Salsa
Plan Ahead: Can make a day ahead. Add the avocado and cilantro when ready to serve.
- 1 yellow bell pepper blackened
- 1 12 oz. bag cranberries 3 cups fresh
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and minced optional
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 ripe avocados halved peeled and diced pitted,
- ⅓ cup cilantro chopped fine
- Char or blacken the yellow bell pepper over a gas flame on top of the stove or under a broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in a paper or plastic bag for 10 min. Peel, seed and chop pepper. Set aside.
- Combine cranberries, sugar and orange juice in processor. Pulse to coarsely chop berries. Transfer to medium bowl and combine with chopped pepper, jalapeno and orange peel. Can be prepared 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Stir avocados and cilantro into salsa when ready to serve.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with: Tortilla Chips. Serve it with burritos, tacos or enchiladas.