CHICKEN SALAD CROISSANT SANDWICHES FOR A CROWD
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or about 5 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 11 /2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 celery ribs (minced)
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole cashews
- 15 small croissants
1. Cook the chicken by your preferred method: poach, grill, or broil. Or simply cut chicken off the bones of a roast chicken from the deli.
2. Tear the meat into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl combine the chicken with the mayonnaise, onion, bouillon, and celery. Mix thoroughly; season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Fold the cashews into the chicken salad mixture just before serving.
4. Split the croissants in half lengthwise and spoon the salad mixture onto one half of each croissant. Top with the other half.
Serve with baked beans and melon slices or a fruit platter.