Chewy Granola Cookies
By this point, you know how much we love a good cookie. We love making them, eating them, pretty much everything about them! But all cookies are not created equal. We now introduce you to our Chewy granola cookies!
A friend of ours introduced us to these years ago. They are a fun spin on your classic chocolate chip cookie. We love the addition of oats, coconuts, cranberries, and corn flakes.
When you are making these, make sure you don’t crush the corn flakes. The large chunks make the perfect texture! Most of the cookie is nice and soft, but with an unexpected crunch.
Do you see an ingredient you don’t like? Skip it! You can use bran flakes instead of corn flakes. Dried apples or golden raisins make for delicious substitutes for the dried cranberries. The coconut, chocolate chips, and cranberries can be skipped all together if you aren’t a fan. We love these cookies just the way they are, but feel free to make them your own.
While baking these, make sure you don’t bake them for too long. They will become too crispy and not as flavorful. I prefer them on the crispier side, but make sure and watch them. When cooked just right, they are chewy and good to the last cookie.
This recipe makes a large amount of cookies. So have some friends over! Or make a plate for your neighbors. Or, put some in your freezer for a rainy day. Then just pull them out one by one to enjoy. We love doing this!
Part of the reason we love making cookies is how simple they are. In one bowl, add the sugars butter, vanilla, and eggs. If you have an electric mixer use it! But we find ourselves just using our Danish dough hook.
Then in a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then add this to your first bowl. Now its time to add the oats, coconut, chocolate chips, cranberries, and corn flakes.
Finally, spoon your dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and they are ready for the oven! After only 10 minutes, the cookies will be ready for you to enjoy. Do you see why we love cookies so much?
Now get cooking and enjoy! These cookies are not ones to miss.
Chewy Granola Cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour measure each cup a little under
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups corn flakes not crushed
- Position the rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together sugar, brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs continueing to beat well.
- In a seperate bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend well and add to the dough mixture. Stir in oats, coconut, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and corn flakes.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove to cooling racks.