Some people like to argue that box brownies are as good as homemade…. but they’re NOT! I love the texture of homemade…. Sticky and chewy!!!! If you’re in the mood for a brownie give these a try. If you’re in the mood to impress, make these with my gooey fudge chocolate sauce. I serve them to large groups all the time. Everyone enjoys a hot brownie with ice cream and yumminess on top!!! The brownie recipe can be found in my first cookbook. XOXOXO
- 3 1oz. squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for a glass pan). Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over very low heat. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder, in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Beat vigorously by hand until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture and nuts, if desired.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted halfway between the center and the side comes out clean. Do not OVERBAKE. Let cool completely. Cut and serve.
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 14ounce can sweetened condensed milk
In a double boiler over low heat melt the chocolate with the milk. Stir with a whisk until smooth and glossy 3-5 min. Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream and brownies!