All these cold rainy days have put us in the baking mood. I love the smell and comfort of hot banana bread coming out of the oven. If you are stuck indoors give this recipe a try it is a family favorite.
THE FOOD NANNY RESCUES DINNER PG 242
- 3 bananas (smashed 2 cups all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter room temp. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract *1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- * (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the sugar and butter and mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on low about 1 min.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the banana mixture all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon just until combined. Fold in the nuts, if using.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake 60 to 70 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, but not dry. Let cool in pan 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack.