Asian Lettuce Wraps
We LOVE these quick and simple Asian Lettuce Wraps!! We call them “Asian” because we will never forget the first time we had them at PF Changs!! They are to die for!! This is a delicious, easy version that our Mom created for us to enjoy lettuce wraps at home!
These Asian Lettuce Wraps are a healthy, quick side dish or can easily be the main course. Our recipe serves 8 as a side or 4 people as a main dish. The sauce makes them!! The best part is the ingredients are all very common and easy to find. Try something new tonight that your family is gonna love! These Asian Lettuce Wraps will be just that!!! xoxo
Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili paste
- 12-16 Butter lettuce leaves or Boston Bib may use Iceberg
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh ground pork finely ground
- 1/4 cup shallot or onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup canned water chestnuts diced
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Rinse the lettuce leaves. Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels. Place in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a small bowl stir together 2 Tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup warm water until dissolved. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, lime juice, sesame oil and chili paste. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium/high heat. Stir-fry the pork quickly in the oil breaking the meat up as much as possible. Add the onions, garlic, and water chestnuts and continue to stir-fry until the pork is cooked through and the onions are soft. Add the brown sugar, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Cook until the liquid has evaporated. Should only take a couple of minutes. Serve warm.