Artisan Beer Bread
If you are only going to try one of our recipes, this just might need to be it! Don’t let the name scare you, this bread is loved by the entire family!
It has the perfect texture and flavor. It takes some time, but it is 100% worth it. Start the night before, and enjoy it when meal time rolls around!
For the perfect combination, pair this bread with our strawberry or raspberry butter. Your tastes buds will be very very happy!
Artisan Beer Bread
- 3 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast or instant yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 cup warm water 105-115 degrees
- 3/4 cup beer or non-alcoholic beer at room temperature. (3/4 cup equals about 6 oz. beer)
- Pizza Stone Tiles, Baking sheet, or 6 to 8 quart cast iron, enamel with lid.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together flour, yeast and salt. Add water and beer and mix together with a wooden spoon. Spray plastic wrap with cooking oil and place over bowl. Let the dough sit at room temperature 8 hours. The longer the rise the more dense the bread. You can let it rise as much as 18 hours.
- Flour a work surface with 2 Tablespoons flour and pour dough out onto it. Fold it over a couple of times. Sprinkle the top with about a Tablespoon of flour.
- Roll off a sheet of plastic wrap 2 feel long. Lay it on the counter. Spray the entire plastic with cooking oil. Sprinkle the middle of the plastic with 2 Tablespoons flour. Place the dough on top of the plastic gently, and quickly fold the sides of the plastic over the dough, one side at a time.
- Turn the oven to 450 degrees (If using a pot, put it in the oven, with the lid, and let it get hot. Let dough rise at least 30 minutes. while the oven is heating.
- Gently lift the bread over to the oven and drop it from the plastic, upside down onto a pizza stone, tiles, oiled baking sheet or in a hot pot on the lowest rack in the oven. (If using pot, cover with lid, bake 35 to 45 minutes. or until golden and remove the lid half way through.) Bake at 450 degrees about 20 to 25 minutes. or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool on rack.
- Serve with: Raspberry Butter or Strawberry Butter.
- Raspberry Butter
- stick butter (1 cup), softened at room temperature
- /2 cup honey
- /2 cup raspberry jam (homemade is wonderful)
- /2-1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small bowl mix together butter, honey, jam and vanilla. Spread on bread.
- Strawberry Butter
- stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup) softened at room temperature
- Tablespoons strawberry jam ( homemade is wonderful)
- Tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a small bowl mix together butter, jam and sugar. Spread on Bread.