Apple and Walnut Salad
Plan Ahead: Toast the walnuts. Prepare the dressing one-day ahead.
- 1 ⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons white wine or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 ⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 ⁄2 cup walnuts (toasted and chopped)
- 1 5 oz. bag mixed baby greensor Romaine (about 10 leaves)
- 2 small apples (skin on, diced or cut into matchstick sizestrips)
- 1 ⁄2 cup tart dried cherries (or dried cranberries)
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, maple syrup, vinegar, sugar and oil. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Toast the walnuts in the oven at 350° for 10 min.
- In a medium size salad bowl add the lettuce,apples, dried cranberries or cherries, and walnuts. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve with: Honey White Bread page 245. I love this salad with a turkey or ham dinner.