- 4 medium apple variety of your choice
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup chilled butter cut into small pieces
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease an 8 x 8- inch baking dish.
- 2. Peel and core the apples and cut them into thin slices. Spread the slices in the prepared baking dish.
- 3. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, if using, in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture is crumbly. Spread evenly over the apples.
- 4. Bake uncovered until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
To double this recipe, bake it in a 13 x 9-inch pan for 50 to 60 minutes.